Free Admission to the public…
Bring your family and enjoy a great day for a great cause!
The Story Behind
Cops & Cruisers at the Capitol
The Phoenix Police Museum preserves a part of Arizona’s law enforcement history. The museum includes exhibits and interactive tours focused on history and law enforcement’s relationship with the public. We also house the only dedicated Phoenix Police Officers Memorial Room; a solemn venue where friends, family and the public can honor our fallen as well as learn the story of each officer. Cops & Cruisers at the Capitol was created to highlight our current fleet of historic police vehicles and provide the community a chance to be included. We currently have four vehicles in our care and are working on a fifth. They range in time from the 1920’s to the 1980’s. It’s a unique car show that will feature classic, muscle, sports, antique, truck, motorcycle and special interest vehicles. The proceeds from this event allow us to create new exhibits, pay for upkeep and maintenance, and provide community outreach efforts to educate the public.
Lots of Cars
What better way to spend your day than at a beautiful memorial plaza and enjoying our great Arizona weather with friends and helping a wonderful cause. You’ll see tons of great cars and specialty vehicles from different agencies.
We have many other activities happening on that day that you can view and participate in. These include our raffles and demonstrations provided by law enforcement agencies.
You can also win one of our many raffle prizes that can range from simple items more expensive donations from our sposnors.
Something For Everyone!
The show includes tons of cars, on site food trucks, raffle prizes, fun demonstrations and activities, car awards, and other many other things. Each car registrant receives a swag bag, a free dash plaque and a special discounted t-shirt with early bird registration.
Below are food truck vendors who have already signed up!
The show begins in...
Register your vehicle today!
Missing out on an event like this would be a huge mistake! Please take a moment and register you and your friends to take part in this great event. You’ll be helping a wonderful cause and enjoying a day of friends and fellowship you’ll not soon forget.
Please join us for a day of great cars and family fun! Your car could win one of the awards…
The show is a contest as well. We will be judging the following categories of vehicles and awarding each of them a first, second, and third place prize. Participants will each be able to vote on their choices and all attendees can vote on the People’s Choice.
Other awards include: Best Classic, Best Muscle Car, Best Sports Car, Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, Best Antique, Best Street Rod, Best Rat Rod, Best Low Rider, Best Police Vehicle, Best Special Interest Vehicle, Best Interior, Best Body & Paint, and other special mention awards.
What you need to know…
- Your name, email, phone, date, and vehicle information (year, make, & model)
- Early bird registration online is $25 per vehicle before October 1st. You will receive a free dash plaque (provided onsite) as well as a the opportunity to purchase a discounted Car Show T-Shirt
- The late online registration deadline is November 8th and is $30.
- Onsite entry fee is $35 per vehicle.
- Space is limited, so register early
- The event is rain or shine. Fees are non-refundable after October 1st.
- You can utilize free parking at one of different nearby buildings.
- No trailers will be allowed in the show area.
- Vehicles must be drivable onto the property.
- If pre-registered, you must bring the vehicle you pre-registered to the show-no substitutions allowed.
- Vehicles check in between 6am and 8am.
- Show and judging starts at 8:00 AM.
- Awards begin at noon until the end of the event.
- No moving your vehicle during show hours for safety reasons, unless approved by staff.
- Stanchions and shade canopies are not provided.
- If you bring your own canopies or tables/chairs, they must fit within your car’s slot and must be secured from tipping with sandbags. (No staking is permitted).
- .This is a family friendly event. All participants and/or attendees must adhere to the following code of conduct to attend this event, it is on State property and the located near various memorials.
- Reasonable appropriate and reserved behavior is expected
- No participant and/or attendee may disturb, harass others. Unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal abuse, sexually suggestive conduct, physical altercations or committing any act that would violated any Federal, State or local law, ordinance or regulation.
- Participants and/or attendees are required to wear acceptable clothing, including shirts and foot wear.
- Damage to any property or disruption of service including but not limited to buildings, grounds, memorials and media equipment is prohibited and will be prosecuted as allowed by law.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages, smoking of tobacco products, and/or use of vapor or e-cigarettes is not allow. Management hold the right to inspect outside beverage containers
- All participants and/or attendees will adhere to these policies and any directions given to them by car show volunteer staff.
- Any participant and/or attendee who violates these policies may be removed from the property or prosecuted as allow by law.
- Violations will be reported to event staff. Law enforcement personnel will be called when necessary.
A great family friendly event and where you can help support a great cause at the same time. You’ll be able to enjoy tons of beautiful cars, exhibits, sponsor and vendor booths and help us pick the winners in each category…
Jennifer Eastman, Committee Chair
Day of need to know
Parking and Attendee Information!
The event will run from 8AM until 2PM.
We have 15 different categories we’ll be voting on for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners! The show will open at 8AM and judging will be concluded at noon. We will draw raffle prizes at 12:30PM and begin the awards presentations at 1PM. Upon completion we will draw for the 50/.50 raffle winner!
Parking for the public is available in any of the many public buildings’ lots near the plaza.
***The Museum will be open on Saturday***
10AM until 4PM
Please visit and see what you’ve been missing!
Information for Participants
(registrants, vendors, and food trucks…)
“Day of registration’ available,
but please get here early enough
to set up your vehicle by 8AM.
Registrants purchasing a single space vehicle display
will enter the event from the Washington Avenue entrance.
Registrants that purchasing a double space vehicle display
will enter the event from the Jefferson Avenue entrance.
Vendors/food trucks come in off of Jefferson as well.
All Law Enforcement vehicles will park on 17th Avenue
between the capitol and the plaza.
All participants must in place by 8AM
Judging concludes by noon
Raffle prizes drawn at 12:30PM
1PM award presentations begin
50/50 raffle at the end of the awards
Connect with us on social media!
Show your support
The museum operates on donations from the public so any help you can offer is welcome. We have different ways to donate and different items you can donate to. Use the button below to see all of our options for helping us preserve the past.
What You Get…
A customized dash plaque to display in your vehicle during the show and keep for collectable purposes.
Each registrant will receive a swag bag filled with gifts and materials from our sponsors.
Each registrant can enter their cars in different event categories to be eligible to win awards for first, second and third place in each applicable category.
Through the raffle and other sponsor gifts registrants have many chances to go home with other prizes.
Each early bird registrant receives the opportunity to purchase an event t-shirt showing their participation at a discounted price .
Subscribe to updates
Stay Up To Date
With The Latest Event Info
Even if you can’t attend, you can still participate and show your support
What else you get…
In addition to the opportunites described above, our sponsorship packages offer you and your business an opportunity to not only support a great cause and get exposure and recognition among the participants, but also with our members and our followers within the state of Arizona and the rest of the country. You’ll also be exposed to the readers of our quarterly newsletter which consists of both other businesses and potential customers alike. We expect a few thousand attendees to visit the event on that day as well.
We thank you very much for your time and consideration and we look forward to speaking with you should you be interested in supporting us. However, even if you decide to take a pass this year, we hope you’ll help us get the word out to your customers and employees and possibly even attend as a participant.
We’d love to see you there.
Some of our sponsors…
Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza
1700 W Washington St
Phoenix, AZ 85007
*hosted by the Phoenix Police Museum
Free Admission to the public…
Bring your family and enjoy a great day for a great cause!
The Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza is an urban park and gathering place, located in front of the Arizona state capitol complex in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. It serves as a home to a number of memorials honoring prominent figures in Arizona history as well as memorializing significant wars and other events that have affected the state. It is designated as one of the Phoenix Points of Pride.
The plaza was established on March 9, 1978, by the Arizona Legislature in honor of Governor Wesley Bolin, who had died a mere 5 days previously on March 4. Prior to the resolution creating the plaza, it had simply been a part of the Legislative Governmental Mall. While the plaza exists only as a part of the Mall, in common usage the terms are interchangeable and the name of the plaza is often used in preference to the Mall.
Much like the National Mall on which it is loosely based, the Legislative Governmental Mall is intended as an open-air public space featuring monuments, memorials and gardens. Some of these monuments were erected prior to the inception of the Plaza, such as the monument to the USS Arizona which was dedicated over a year earlier on December 7, 1976. The Plaza, when dedicated, included these existing memorials and all subsequent memorials have been located within the boundaries of the plaza.
Also located in the Plaza is the memorial dedicated to the 158th Infantry Regiment, the oldest and most prestigious unit in Arizona. The monument, based off a captured Japanese monument in the Philippines, stands as one of the few if only memorials to the regiment which served as one of the premier units of World War II.